Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baby carrier

My favorite baby carrier is the ergo.


I purchased the ergo sport when Lilly was about 2 and a half months old. Before I made the purchase I dove in full force to learn everything I could about which carrier is best. In a nutshell I learned that carriers that distribute the weight on the baby's crotch (aka "crotch danglers") are a big no-no. Some people believe that they can dis-align a child's spine or prevent testicular problems with boys. I am not sure I would take the concerns that far, but I thought to myself would I want to be carried from my crotch for hours? Probably not.

The ergo carrier will be the only carrier you need for your baby. It is very function and can carry the baby stomach to stomach (little babies), on your hip (for bigger babies), and even on your back (for babies up to 45 lbs). I chose the ergo sport because of the sizing; my husband is able to wear it too.

On our recent trip to Montreal, Canada, we only brought the carrier and went sans stroller. It actually worked out perfectly! Lilly was easy to carry and we were able to see much of the city on food.

No comments:

Post a Comment